In order for your request for euthanasia or for assistance to suicide to be legal in Luxembourg, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- You must be conscious at the time of the request.
- You must be a legally capable adult, that is not having been declared in court unable to make your own decisions.
- You must have made your decision without any external pressure.
- You must be in a medical condition without any prospect, without any improvement perspective, following an accident or pathology, and it is an irreversible situation according to the current state of science.
- You must suffer physically or mentally from your health condition.
- Your request must be recorded in writing, carry your details and be dated and signed.
- You may at any moment cancel your request. It will be then withdrawn from your medical file and you can get it back.